Thursday 14th of November saw the launch of the Silicon South Network. Silicon South exists to raise the recognition, ambition and capabilities of the people and companies in the Digital, Creative and Tech sector – throughout Dorset and close surrounding areas.
This relaunch represents a big shift in the emphasis of what Silicon South stands for and delivers. Having been delivering support to businesses for a number of years following a publicly funded agenda, they are changing to deliver an agenda set by the sector itself. The Network is being championed by a range of businesses from across the different elements of the sector.
Digital Storm has designed and developed a new website for the relaunch of Silicon South from the ground up incorporating a searchable directory of member businesses, a jobs board and a place for members to pitch contracts. Digital Storm has developed the site to allow member businesses to manage their listings independently from a dashboard. In addition to managing their listings, the new website also allows businesses to submit events, jobs, contracts and news stories.
The new SiSo Network website core features include:
- News and stories – Aiming to become a single location where local business success stories and insights can be found.
- Searchable database and map – The database on this website provides an overview of the expertise and skills offered by Network supporters.
- Jobs board – Displays the breadth of opportunities in the region.
- Contract finder – A place potential customers can advertise opportunities.
- Events feed – Find all the events happening in the sector from a single location.
Digital Storm was very proud to be involved in this project, helping to push for growth within the creative economy across Dorset. It is part of our ethos to get very involved in local initiatives like this hence our work with Dorset Chamber, Bournemouth Town Centre BID, Dorset Growth Hub and many more local and county level organisations. Lesley Simmons, Account Director at Digital Storm.
If you’d like to keep up to date with everything that is happening with the SiSo Network head over to siliconsouth.org.uk where you can find the latest news, a searchable database and map of members, jobs board and more…